Friday, February 16, 2024

Goals

 ok...let's talk numbers.  At my doctor's appointment on January 19th, when I was prescribed Phentermine, I weighed in at 250.2.  Gross...right?!  But that's why I'm on this journey and getting help.  I have decided on Wednesday Weigh In.  So each Wednesday I will post the new scale numbers, reflect on the week, the good, the bad and the ugly.  And yes, I realize the doctor scale is different, I have clothes on, more water drank, etc...so the monthly doctor scale will be my ultimate number each month.  

Where do I want to be?!  It's a big number!  I want 100 pounds gone.  Down to 150.  I know according to all the scales, I should be 114-137. And if I hit that, FANTASTIC.  But do you know what 100 pounds gone will do for me?!  

But here's the crazy thing about me.  If I look at that overall number, I freak out, think it's impossible and give up.  So I set smaller goals and break it down from there.  My first ACTUAL goal is 200 pounds by our August Long camping trip with all of our friends.  That's 25 weeks away.  And right now, 35 pounds away.  That's 1.44 pounds per week.  

But what a weird number, right?  My WEEKLY goal is this....TWO POUNDS PER WEEK.  That's it!!  That's all I can focus on.  Diet, exercise, my little daily goals, that's it.  That is what I can handle each week.  

So here's my Weigh in numbers until this point.  

January 20th         250.2        Starting Weight

January 24th         240.4        down 9.8                 I can deal with this!  

January 31st         239.6        down .8 pounds       could do better!!  

February 7th        236.8         down 2.8                 bounce back!  

February 14th      237.0         up .2                        I call this a win with 3 birthdays and Superbowl.  


So let's just take this one day at a time and focus on one good habit at a time!  


No comments:

Post a Comment