Monday, February 26, 2024

First real "test"

 Vacations.  

We got away to Minneapolis this weekend.  First off we had a BLAST.  Brent did the Upper Deck Golfing at US Bank Stadium with a friend and hit the Mall of America, New restaurants, saw my sister's family, hung out with a friend, it was such a fun weekend!  

But speaking of those new restaurants, that's what we do on vacations...we drink and eat!  lol  most people do.  Right?!  But KNOWING I have my goals and I'm doing well, I didn't want to mess it up too bad!  So I took a bite or two of things I didn't need but overall ate healthier options on the menus.  I will admit we didn't slow down on the drinks but we did a LOT of walking, activity, and still drank tons of water.  

I did weigh myself on Friday and then again this morning.  I'm down 2 pounds over there weekend.  But we had over 17,000 steps for 2 days in a row, some swimming, and I did hit up the gym in the hotel one morning.  

But it taught me that I CAN do this without ruining everything I work hard for.  So this mini-vacation did more for me than I realized.  

No comments:

Post a Comment