Wednesday, February 21, 2024

First Weigh In

 Yesterday was my first official weigh in at the doctor's office!  Since January 20th when I started, I'm down 15.2 pounds.  He's very happy with that progress and so am I!  I did tell him, I'm surprised it didn't come off faster, but that's not what I was looking for anyway!  

I was looking for a TOOL to help jump start the weight loss.  And I'm working hard for it!  I track my food daily and record my calorie intake, my protein and carbs.  And on my Samsung watch, I record steps, activity minutes and calories burned.  Along with any workouts I do!  So I'm tracking it all!  I'm watching my numbers!  I was weighing daily.  I learned a LOT this last month by doing that!  And it took me until the last week to finally get CLOSE to my calories him and my Dietician wanted me to get in per day.  They want me at 1000-1200.  This last week I was over 900 each day and highest was 1352.  At the beginning I was lucky if I hit 500 calories a day!  So that is GREAT progress and I'm trying to keep it all healthy calories!  


I want this Phentermine to be a TOOL in my weight loss.  Help me lose some, while gaining the healthy habits, working out, being more active for a whole THREE months before I have to go off it.   That way when I'm done with it, I will have all those good habits going forward to help keep the momentum in the future.  


So what's next for this next month?

*WEEKLY weigh in.  And after that first week if I feel there is a problem, I will go back to daily. 

*Still on the bike each day.  Goal of at least 30 minutes per day.   Ultimately I would like to make it into the Aerobic stage for 75% of the weekly amount.  Right now I'm more at weight management vs Aerobic.  But still do 30 minutes.  So basically upping the intensity. 

*LOTION LOTION LOTION!!!  I know at my age, I'm going to have a lot of skin as I lose weight.  But by any crazy chance, part of me is hoping that if I keep my skin lotioned up with a skin firming lotion with collagen, etc...that it may combat some of the problems.  Will it solve it all?  Nope!  But any little bit will help!  

*Arm workouts.  Right now I do it 2-3 times a week.  I would like to up that to 5 days per week.  

*add in a general weight lifting routine 2-3 times a week.  

*add in a yoga 1-2 times a week for now. 

*add in more veggies!  I'm good at proteins and fruits, but need to add in more veggies!


So basically, for month 2, it's all about more activity!!   


*

No comments:

Post a Comment